Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rain, Rain Come Today

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I decided to call him my ‘boyfriend’. I had too many times come across labels and their false attractions to be fooled once again. But this time it happened on my terms. This time, I know that the label helps to identify who he is to others but unimportantly sails the surface of the deep sea I have the pleasure to explore.

I’m still unaware of the future… and I’m pleasantly wrapped in the present. I know that the terms you enter a relationship with aren’t guaranteed the whole way through … they’re not written in stone. And without fail, the circumstances will change and challenge what at first we think is forever – that blind love. The love that sees no wrong, that looks beyond the questionable moments, a love on steroids drugged with unicorns and rainbows.

What happens when we find out unicorns are a fantasy, false? Or that rainbows only show themselves after a storm?

I don’t know…

But just as a fantasy is yours to control…

Just as the rainbow always shows itself after a storm…

The moments of blind love are great. And they are forever.

The feeling I’m feeling… I cannot label but I know a change or a challenge is welcomed with open arms. Because if victory is a reassured love… then I’m addicted.

2 comments:

Trichster said...

very sweet and the whole blind love on drugs, so true

augustyna_d said...

I love those first moments.. that uncertainty, that shyness, that flutter in the heart! The word 'bf' is just that..a word.. a label, like you said. What truly defines a relationship is what u and the other person feel, no one else.
P.S- pink unicorns are hott ;) but I like how you're grounded in acknowledging that love isn't really like that 24/7 (oh how i wish it were lol)